Does CBD oil help anxiety?

Please say hello and tell us about yourself!
maryannlee9

Does CBD oil help anxiety?

Postby maryannlee9 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:24 am

I am not going to say it will help everyone with anxiety as we all take different medications, have different reactions to things, etc.

But, I will tell you about my personal experience. It may seem like a tangent, just read to the end.

I started out taking CBD for Sleeping issues at about 15mg per day taken during the evening, which it did help with. It doesn’t make you super tired like when you take a sleeping pill, but it takes the edge off of the difficulty of falling asleep(at least for me).

Not too long ago, an illness was going through my household and we were dropping like flies, I had been feeling ok, until I wasn’t. So I decided to up my dosage of CBD to see if it could help me ward off the virus running through my family members.

So I upped my dosage to 60mg per day (split up over 3 doses), I had started getting a weird feeling in my throat and sinus congestion, but after another 2–3 days it just started reversing course and started fading away and I didn’t get sick.

Now, the interesting part was about mid way through the first day of the higher dose, as I started to notice I was really calm. Not in a way where you want to just relax on the couch, but in a way where I could focus well, and when something would happen that would normally bother me I would react in a way I would describe as ‘zen’. Instead of getting upset and reacting quickly my mind seemed to work entirely differently, and as a result I responded to stressors differently than I usually did, and ended up with much more positive outcomes rather than a conflict.

I have been keeping my dosages up around 50mg per day, and have been maintaining this effect.

Of it has not eliminated my anxiety 100%, but I would say my overall improvement has been 70–80%, which is very noticeable to me and my family members. There are still times I catch myself on the edge and the CBD allows me to have more mindfulness so I can pull myself back, and at times it happens effortlessly.

Some notes:

I take no medication for anxiety, as I do not want the side effects, and have been pleased with the absence of side effects from using CBD.

We all need different dosages, so please don't use this as a dosage guide to use for yourself.

NinaGood

Re: Does CBD oil help anxiety?

Postby NinaGood » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:28 am

CBD Oil was recommended to me for anxiety and depression about a month ago.
I've suffered anxiety and depression for as long as I can remember. I managed it for a while with vitamins and exercise, but a little over a year ago the depression and anxiety became overwhelming. They helped, but it was still there. Antidepressants and anti-anxiety meds have been recommended, but the idea of an adverse reaction making it worse was terrifying.

GreenJack

Re: Does CBD oil help anxiety?

Postby GreenJack » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:04 am

I began to take CBD oil to relieve the symptoms of nervous exhaustion. I was so tired that I couldn't sleep properly. After taking CBD, I felt relief. I had to experiment a bit to find the best brand. If you want to know how to live without stress, learn this here now.

Return to “Welcome - New Users”